This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting my brainstorms.
So, I started out this year excited about plans and dreams. I want to change the world!
Or at least my world.
I still do, but I forget how easily life changes my best laid plans.
-Something about have five kids that include a breastfeeding infant . . .
(Does anyone else feel that breastfeeding sucks the ability to think right out of you?)
-Something about homeschooling with one kid struggling in math and another struggling in reading . . .
(I wouldn’t feel like a failure if they were struggling under someone else’s teaching. No, scratch that. I still would. Mama-guilt knows no bounds.)
-Something about a terribly messy house filled with too much stuff . . .
I still believe in goals. Making plans is almost a hobby of mine. The cycle goes something like this:
- Dream Big! I will change the world!
- Oh, my, I’m tired. Why can I not even get the dishes done. Is it nap time yet?
- Bother. I’m such a failure. Maybe I should just quit until (fill in many things here that I think will make life easier). Maybe I should just quit in general. Where is the hole to hide in? I hate everything.
- I’m pitiful. I’m going to ask so and so to pray for me, and really focus on getting a good night’s sleep.
- Begin again from the top.
Okay, you can hop off the roller coaster now. Thanks for visiting. No, I’m going to keep riding, thanks. I really don’t know how to get down.
But! While I ride this thing I’m also building the future, and I’m not interested in the looney bin.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein
So, as I keep working on my goals one crazy cycle after another, I’m going to work each month on changing a habit that should make future goals a bit easier. Join me?
July starts tomorrow! I’ll be focusing on finding Hope for My Home.
How are your goals coming along for this year?